Capable of repeatable, high speed tapping within ±0.03 mm up to a maximum of 4,000 min-1
The "Synchro Tapper ST3" is a high-precision tapping unit capable of repeatable tapping within ±0.03 mm, up to a maximum of 4,000 min-1. The second reference point significantly reduces cycle time.
||Tapping capacity by number of axis
that can be processed.
||When machining M1 - M6:
1 - 4,000
When machining M7 - M12:
1 - 3,000
When using multi-axis head:
1 - 3,000
1. Tapping capacities in the upper row of the table are based on spiral or point tapping, and the lower row are on hand tap 2, both with a tapping depth of 1.5 times the tapping diameter.
2. The selection of cutting speed rotation speeds should be based on the material type of the work, cutting characteristics, diameter and material of taps, cutting speed, etc.
3. Select the most appropriate feed gear for the tapping pitch to be used.
4. The rapid traverse speed and cutting feed rate differ depending on the tapping pitch and rotation speed. For details, contact the nearest sales office.
5. The maximum weight of the mountable attachments is as follows. Horizontal machining use: 15kg, Vertical (downward) machining use: 12kg
6. When machining in a vertical (upwards) direction, take measures to protect the synchro tapper from water and dust. For details, contact the nearest sales office.